F12 Reads: October 7
Think you have to hustle all the time? Well, you don’t. Take a break to watch tv, go to the beach. Rachel from The Haute Notes explains it’s important to take care of you.
- Have you met Christina of The Social Butterfly Gal? She’s kinda a bad ass making moves and explains the steps to being successfully found online.
- Got a podcast you want to promote? The good folks at Buffer did these 10 things to help expand your audience.
- One week ago Solange changed my life by dropping A Seat at the Table. A much-needed album for the Black Community (especially Black women) on pain, dealing, and healing, this album resonates with the soul in so many ways (another post for another day, perhaps. Her mother, Mrs. Tina Lawson, and her sit down to discuss the album (which Mrs. Tina has a part in) and it’s LOVELY.
- Rapper Kid Cudi admitted to depression and seeking help for it and “suicidal urges.” This prompted the hashtag #YouGoodMan on Twitter, opening up a dialogue for Black men to give themselves space to talk about mental health. And in case you missed it:
- Dear creative, no one has it together and it’s OK. I wrote about my mental health battle and left some tips on how to care for yourself a little more.
Take care of yourselves fam and have an amazing weekend! C